Sunday, July 17, 2011

Buttons!

I thought I would start this whole blogging thing out nice and easy by sharing my general opinion on a very broad topic which could go any which way. So. I've chosen buttons. Because you see, buttons can do just about anything. That's right, other than a few minor things such as curing cancer or ending world hunger, buttons have almost limitless possibilities.

"But how?!" you ask. Well, let me tell you. They make everything look better. I know, I know, that doesn't sound quite as grandiose as I had built it up to be. However, it is true, and I'm telling you it could save your wardrobe. Not quite like Superman coming and swooping in, though I would love to see a button swoop in to save the day.

The thing about buttons, is that they are the perfect embellishment for anything and everything. I'm going to keep this blog short and simple for today, because I don't have as much time as I'd hoped, but I will tell you that if a shirt looks boring and sad...

...then put buttons around the collar! Sew them on in an interesting fashion.
See? Look how much happier that shirt looks. Without the buttons, it wouldn't be quite as interesting.

You can also use them, of course, as fasteners, which are nice on all clothes, whether to close a pair of jeans or a waistcoat (some people call it a vest).

Now you know. So go out and save the world by sewing buttons onto things! 

P.S. I promise this is not the only thing I will say on the diverse "button." There are still things to be said about sewing on buttons and kinds of buttons. However, as my first post I thought I might give you my general opinion about buttons and their all-around magnificence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment